So what is a company blackout? Well this is a period of time where employees cannot book holiday. It is ideal if you need all your staff in the office over the Christmas period.
- Click settings> absence settings> company black outs
- You will then be taken to your company black outs page.
- add your first company blackout!
- Enter a name, start date & end date, select all or choose a particular department then create company blackout.
- If an employee already has holiday already booked during this period of time, breatheHR will let you know.
Once you have created your company blackout, it will appear on the calendar in a light grey/blue colour for everyone to see. Please note: The company blackout will only appear in an employee has holiday booked in that month.
So what happens if an employee tries to book holiday?
If an employee tries to make a holiday request over an existing company blackout, they will receive an error message.
Can I override a company blackout?
Yes. However only HR users have the ability to override a company blackout. You can do this by going to the employees profile> leave> add leave> from here you can add leave on behalf of the employee.