So what exactly is the Finance user role?
The finance user is a user who can see anything relating to employees financial details.
Please note: The Finance user role is available on the regular plan and upwards.
- Employees pay
- Time logs
- Payroll export
- Billing history
- Financial reports
The great benefit of the Finance user is that you can assign anyone within the company with finance access, however the assignee will need to be an HR and Finance/Admin user in order to do this.
So how do I assign someone as a Finance user?
- Click into the employees profile via your employee list.
- Click the more tab in their profile
From here you can assign the user permissions. Are they an HR user? Are they a finance user? Are they a line manager? Tick 'yes' to make the employee a Finance user 'update employee'
When you go back to your employee list, you will then see 'FIN' appear next to their name. This means the employee now has Finance user access.
So what can a HR user see that does not have Finance user access?
- Performance Hub
- ID docs
- Company docs
- Emergency contacts
- Work pattern and leave allowances
So basically anything that does not involve finance!
- They cannot set finance user permissions for other employees
- They cannot add line managers who are set up to 'view/manage/delete' anything to do with their employees financial information in their permissions. (Configure > Settings > Change what line managers can see and do)